The Church from its beginning relied and was built on the Word of the Lord and this Word was the fountain. The Word helped the Church to grow in faith, hope and love, and it was the solution for any problem and provided all the answers. Our Christian community today that is in need to go back to this fountain that gives life to the community and makes it grow in holiness.
Following the steps of the Church and its teachings, there we find the purpose of establishing the Family of Divine Word and in summary it is:
- Deepening our "knowledge of Jesus Christ"
- Learning the Holy Word, by practising how to read the Word of God, contemplating its content, striving to live it, being enriched from its treasures and witnesses to it
- Spreading the Word of the Lord as commanded to us by the Church, our mother
- Continue living the Holy Word in our life and in our families so they grow closer to Jesus, with him and for Him
- Working for the unity of the Church (people attending are from different churches: Orthodox, Assyrian, Catholic, Maronite, Chaldean, ...)
We might on a weekly basis in several parishes.
For more information, please visit our website: http://familyofdivineword.net/